Saturday 29 August 2009

Can you buy happiness?

Can you buy happiness?

Normally the answer would be no...

Happiness comes from within how can you buy that? Well, here's a great poem that answers this question in an interesting way:

"You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with
a stump for a tail."

(unknown author)



This is my loving dog "Toffee". I can't tell you how much happiness she has given me over the years.

A pet not only helps you get rid of stress but changes your whole outlook. It is one great antidote to depression. Better than any anti-depressant for sure!

The poem above was taken with permission from: http://www.everydaygyaan.com/

7 comments:

  1. that is absolutely beautiful but you dont actually even have to BUY love.

    please, everyone reading this, if you;re thinking of getting a wonderfiul friend, rescue a beautiful animal friend from a pound or shelter.
    so many beautiful spirits need a loving home, and they give so much, and ask us so little in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea because you are also saving a poor creature.

      Delete
  2. give yourself and a beautiful animal soul the gift of being someone's saviour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. might want to check out the happiness-boosting iPhone at http://www.LiveHappyApp.com. It's based on positive psych research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Monica from Buenos Aires Argentina. I'm very impressed. I have lost my Cleo a month ago. Today I started my day, missing her a lot. I completely agree with the words in the poem but...when I saw Toffie's photo I couldn't stop my tears TOFFIE HAS EXACTLY THE SAME FACE AS CLEO. I felt she was saying "Hi, Moni, I miss you too" THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL MOMENT. Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one on happiness and it helps a lot.

    Thanks,
    Karim - Mind Power

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right- we cannot buy happiness. It is a feeling which resulted from a personal choice.

    ReplyDelete