Friday 23 March 2012

Confront your Fear...

Last week I confronted an old enemy we all face...

FEAR

I love adventurous sports and this winter I have been snowboarding six times. It is a bit scary. I can now, after three years, snowboard quite well but realized one thing is stopping me from progressing and that is my fear.

Last time out I fell a couple of times just trying to slow myself down. This week I pushed myself because I thought:

"Do I want to do this or not? Do I want to advance or stay the same level? "

I decided that if I do something I should push myself a bit each time and improve a little each time I go out.

I went for it and as my speed increased I pushed through the barrier of fear just a bit. OK, I took it in steps and didn't go crazy but I pushed myself.

Life is the same. We need to confront fear and push ourselves through more challenging and uncomfortable events. Ask yourself this:

"Am I going to do this with all my effort and push myself to do my best or am I going to half-do this?"

Personally, I think that half doing something is pointless. Either I push myself to do the best I can or I should forget it and not bother.

Remember, the world needs and wants you to do your best so push yourself and succeed!

Check out more about how to succeed and achieve your goals in life.

1 comment: