Tuesday 30 December 2008

Look forward to 2009

Just like you I sometimes find it very difficult to be positive. The end of the year is a time when people look back over the last 12 months. The only point to looking back is to draw lessons and use them to improve your present.

For many people at this time of year, looking back means disappointment and the sense that time is passing and you still haven't achieved what you intended to. This negative mindset is responsible for so much depression at this time of year. Once again I have been reminded in my own life of the value of positive thinking...

I have just returned from a five day trip to the mountains where I started learning to snowboard. The first few days I felt tired and started to ache everywhere. My progress was very slow and I felt like giving up. I continued to read the secret which is a book I took with me on my holiday. The next time I went out I replaced my negative thinking with positive thinking and everything changed! I told myself that I was still young, that my muscles were strong and that I can do this. That day I managed to get the hang of snowboarding. The following day I told myself that I was going to be a huge success with my efforts to master this sport and that's exactly what happened. The tiredness left me and instead I was filled with energy and easily skated down the piste.

What I wish for you in 2009 is that you can find success through positive thinking. Please read some of the articles that I have written about how to stop thinking negatively:

Stop thinking the worst

The law of attraction

Negative thoughts are very very powerful and most of thoughts we have during the day happen automatically and subconsciously. It is therefore very difficult to change these to positive thoughts. What I suggest is to be aware of when you are having negative thoughts and don't stress out, either correct this to a positive or add two positive thoughts in order to cancel out the negative thought.

I wish you a prosperous, successful and happy new year!

Make your new year prosperous, sign up for tips on how to make money online now

2 comments:

  1. very very very well written. Whenever i am doing a task that i find hard to accomplish i end it with positive thoughts. At times i tell myself that i can do it and etc. Positive thinking works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. Glad you liked the post and may 2009 bring you all you hope for!

    ReplyDelete