Saturday 14 January 2012

How to think more positively

I know it's hard sometimes to think positively. I have a tip for
you today, I hope it helps you change the way you think.

I often find that when I have a real challenge in my life or a
major decision that I have to be careful to not let fear in and
stay positive. many ask me "how can I think positively?"

To answer this - start asking yourself the how and stop the why
not inside you.

Let me explain..When you want something or need to do something
challenging start asking yourself "How can I do that? How can I
change that?" rather than focusing on the why nots.

Why nots are the reasons why something is difficult or what you
see as obstacles. Change your focus to possibilities rather than
difficulties. Your whole outlook will change.

Remember in any situation and whatever you face in your life you
are not without hope, you do not start from zero. Before you tell
yourself that it is too difficult, go through the advantages you
have. The truth is that you have a lot, even though you may tell
yourself otherwise.

So my message to you this week is this - to start thinking
positively, start with the positives and then ask yourself how
you can build on them.

I wish you success,

Until next week,
Karl Perera

Sign up for weekly inspirational messages PLUS a free copy of the First Chapter of my e-book
"Self esteem Secrets" here:

Get my Self Esteem Newsletter

4 comments:

  1. Thinking positive is so important when it comes to bettering ones life.

    It really helps a person to think more positively if they have gerat self confidence and believe in themselves. If a person is happy with themselves as a result they tend to be happier with other people and have more positive thoughts.

    If a person wants to be able to think positively and is struggling with self confidence http://selfconfidenceforum.com/ has videos and articles that can help with that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be hard to think positive but once you get into the habit of it, it opens up a whole new way of looking at things! And good things seem to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's so difficult to think positive all the time. I just feel like I am not a good enough worker, wife, or mother...it's so frustrating! I know I need to appreciate my life, so I am trying to change my negative thoughts with the help of sites like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-sea to encourage myself to ignore my inner critic.

      Delete
    2. Thanks fsmum - you are so right, positive thinking is very important. Carrisa thanks for the link to your forum - I will take a look...

      great comments! Stay positive!

      Delete